Table of Contents
The Braun brand is highly respected in the world of shaving and grooming products. They have many lines of electric shavers, and the Braun 3 Series line is their latest release of mid-tier razors, designed for a good balance between efficiency and comfort at a fairly affordable price. Braun also sells many shaving accessories and replacement parts that are designed specifically for their razors, so you can get everything you need in one purchase.
With the Braun Series 3 340S-4, you can count on versatility. This razor was specifically designed to work both wet or dry, so you can use it in and out of the shower. It also works equally well on longer beards or three-day stubble. You can also use it with virtually any shaving product, whether you prefer a slick gel or a thicker cream. It is a great maintenance razor that works efficiently for many types of facial hair. It also works well for travel, because it combines many different functions into one product. Since the shaver does not come with a case, many people choose to purchase a waterproof one separately for travel use.
The Braun Series 3 340-S 4 offers many unique features that are designed to give a close and comfortable shave. The razor is also engineered to work very efficiently. Here are some of the technologies and features that you will find in this razor.
Braun razors are designed with Sensofoil technology. This results in a more efficient shave that is closer to the skin. The foil shaver uses sideways motions, which produces very little irritation and is very precise. These shavers are considered by many to be more effective than rotary shavers, which use circular movements to shave. However, this is often a matter of personal preference, so it helps to know which kind you like when shopping for an electric razor.
Triple Action Cutting System
The series 3 340-S 4 includes the Triple Action Cutting System. This uses three different cutting mechanisms to ensure that both long and short hairs are trimmed evenly. The cutters have two matching foils on the outside, while the integrated middle trimmer cuts longer hairs. This system is designed to give a close shave on three (or longer) day-old beards.
Triple Action FreeFloat System
One of the biggest challenges of shaving is dealing with the natural contours of your face. Using too much or too little pressure can result in nicks, bumps, or an uneven shave. The Braun Series 3 340S-4 uses the Triple Action FreeFloat System to combat this problem. Each of the three cutting mechanisms is designed to move independently, so they adapt to your skin as you move from section to section while shaving. This also is designed to increase comfort as you shave.
This razor comes with a precision trimmer, which can help you achieve the exact look you need with your facial hair. The trimmer flips out from the side of the razor and is designed for shaping sideburns and mustaches.
The 340S-4 is waterproof, so it can be used in and out of the shower, and you don’t have to worry about keeping it away from the sink either. It is IPX7 certified, which means that it can be completely submerged in water without incurring any damage. This makes for a more comfortable and convenient in-shower shaving experience, and it can also be cleaned very easily just by running it under water.
The shaver features a LED display that indicates the battery level of the razor, as well as the charging status if it’s plugged in. The razor features a black exterior with blue trim and blue LED lighting. The sides are contoured to make it easy to hold.
The batteries for the Braun 340S-4 are rechargeable. They are Ni-MH batteries, which are designed not to lose power over time the way many other electronic batteries do. The battery also comes with a one-use quick charge option, so you can use it right away, even if you forgot to charge it.
In the Box
In addition to the shaver, the box comes with a cleaning brush, as well as the necessary battery plug.
While there are many great features of this razor, there are some negative points that you should be aware of before making a purchase. These include:
- Since the Braun 340S-4 has a very powerful foil shaving mechanism, it is fairly loud. This may be a big drawback if you live with roommates or family that might be bothered by the noise. Since the shaver contains a powerful engine, it is also fairly heavy. This can also make shaving somewhat more cumbersome.
- Braun makes many convenient replacement blades and parts for their razors. However, they can be quite expensive to purchase, even though the shavers themselves are a good price. This is something important to keep in mind when considering how long you want to use the razor for.
- Some customers have found that the on/off switch starts malfunctioning after extensive use. This can be replaced by contacting the company. The shaver does come with a warranty to help minimize this problem. Some customers have also found the battery display to be somewhat misleading, as it simplifies the amount of charge left in the machine.
- Although many find the razor to be very comfortable, some customers with sensitive skin have noticed that the shaving mechanisms can be too aggressive for them. This leads to razor burn and other issues over time, and can also be painful. To prevent this, start slow when using this razor to see how it works on your particular skin and hair type. Using it in the water can also help.
This razor has many positive benefits that have made it a popular choice for many shaving customers.
- This razor is designed to be extremely comfortable, so you won’t experience razor burn or unpleasant cuts while using it. Because it adjusts to the contours of your face and body, you won’t feel the harsh edges of the razor as you move. Since it is very comfortable, it makes a great razor choice for someone who is new to shaving.
- The razor can be used for many different purposes. It is great for someone who just likes to do a quick trim in the shower every few days, but it also is powerful enough to cut through very thick hair. The precision trimmer also makes it a great choice for those with sideburns or mustaches, because you can handle all of your hair trimming needs with one product. Many women have even said that they enjoy using it on their legs!
- Because this razor can be submerged in water, it is very easy to clean. This is a huge plus for anyone who dislikes the hassle of maintaining a razor. You can just run it under water to remove any of the extraneous hairs. The product also comes with a small cleaning brush to help you remove hair even more efficiently. Some of the other Braun razors need a separate cleaning station, while this can be cleaned manually. This saves money in the long run.
- The battery on this razor is very powerful. Just one charge can last as long as two weeks, and even the ‘single charge’ mode can be used for multiple shaves for low-maintenance beards. The battery is also designed not to deteriorate over time, so the charging levels will stay the same, no matter how long you use it.
Overall, the Braun 3Series 340S-4 Wet and Dry Shaver provides good value for money. Although it does have some drawbacks, it is a powerful shaver that has a variety of different features for an effective shaving experience. It is a particularly valuable purchase for those who enjoy the convenience of shaving in the shower. It provides a close, comfortable, and efficient shave, and the razor is easy to maintain as well. Because it is so versatile, it makes a great choice for many different types of shavers, whether you are a beginner or a long-time shaver with a thick beard.
- Design & Comfort
- Battery Life
- Shaving Performance