Both play a similar role when applied which happens to be eradicating or minimizing wrinkles, fine lines, dark circles, or crow’s feet. However, it will be prudent to establish which one is better or the one which will perfectly suit you. To many people, there are no apparent specific differences.
Table of Contents
Many believe that serum is an upgrade of the eye cream. There are even those who view the wording as a marketing strategy.
We will break it down for you. Although both eye serum and eye cream will perform (or not perform) the same way, eye creams are more viscous and thick compared to eye serums.
Another difference lies in their mode of application. Since eye creams are very vicious and dense they can be applied to the affected area through rubbing with your fingers. On the other hand, eye serum will need droppers and are applied directly to the affected region.
What is their composition?
We will take you through them in details
The eye cream contains the following
- Haloxyl – removes pigments that originate from blood hence eliminating discoloration around the eyes
- Eyeliss – it reduces dark circles under the eyes by strengthening the capillaries and veins. In so doing it makes the skin firm and elastic thus prevents swelling
- Vitamin K – plays two roles; minimizes the appearance of varicose veins and assists the body to heal sun damage, age spots, dark circles, and skin discoloration
- Matrixyl – plays the role of increasing the production of collagen and elastin in the body. The helps in reducing skin wrinkles
- Caffeine – you may be wondering the reason for its inclusion, however, caffeine is a natural antioxidant that depresses distended eye as well as refreshing the whole face
- Chamomile extract – soothes and protects the skin returning it to its normal state
- Vitamin E – is one of the main components responsible for fighting skin aging. It reduces lines and wrinkles. it also protects the skin from ultra-violet(UV) damage
Eye serum on the other hand has:
- Retinol – has vitamin A as its source. It speeds cell turnover in the skin and stimulates the production of collagen. This reduces wrinkles and lines
- Hyaluronic Acid – included in serums because of its property to absorb moisture into the air. The moisture gets into the lines and wrinkles and makes them less noticeable
- Neuropeptides – they are protein in nature. They accelerate the production of collagen which fights against skin sagging
Which one is better? Eye Cream Vs Eye Serum
We do not have a definitive, clear-cut answer for this but based on our discussion you will be able to make an informed decision in the future.
One of the key factors you can consider is their mode of operation. Eye serums usually contain more nutrients than eye creams. They are also able to penetrate the skin more deeply.
Apart from considering this, it is also important to consider your personal preference and financial ability.
How do you apply Eye Serum and Eye Cream?
You can follow the below steps for best results
Will any eye serum or eye cream work perfectly for you? The answer is no. some will minimize dark eye circles, reduce under-eye puffiness while others won’t
This makes it critical to have the following tips:
- Doing proper research. This involves going through various eye creams or serums that claim can solve your particular problem. Some eye creams are geared towards improving bags and dark circles while others are designed to improve wrinkles and crow’s feet
- After narrowing it down to few products that deal with your specific eye problems, go through the ingredients of each. Ensure you research the main ingredients and their supposed side effects. This will spare you from allergic reactions resulting from an ingredient in the serum that you are allergic to.
- Establish the availability of various eye serums or creams and where they could be bought. Some serums can be bought from a variety of drug stores and mass retailers. Online buying is also possible with some only available on manufacturer’s websites while others are available on several top websites such as Amazon
NOTE be careful of fake sites and products
- Read product reviews of the eye cream or serum you intent to buy. Testimonials are quite revealing as the majority of people give their honest assessments of the product. A repeated complaint in the reviews should alarm you as it is probably what you will find.
We believe on MaleSense Pro we are equipped with this information you are going to make the right choice on whether to use an eye serum or eye cream. Following the buying guideline, we have outlined you have a higher chance of landing on the right product from the right place.
This is crucial as counterfeits and allergic ingredients can be detrimental to your health.
Finally, if you follow the application steps you will be able to get the most out of whichever you choose between either eye cream or eye serum.