Saying that beard oil is one of the best things that ever happened to men wouldn’t be wrong. But do you ever wonder about how often should I use beard oil or how to apply it?
If questions like these come to your mind, you don’t need to worry anymore because we have come up with a detailed guide that will tell you everything you need to know about using beard oil and its benefits.
So, let’s take a look below!
Table of Contents
Regular Use of Beard Oil
Experts suggest that one can use beard oil as much as his beard needs. The majorities of beard oil recipes are adaptable and can be used several times.
Modern beard oils help to maintain a healthy pH balance in the hair and skin. Simultaneously, stimulate your dermis’s sebaceous glands to create more natural oil to nourish your beard.
Beard oil works well as a regular moisturizer, conditioner, or rejuvenating cream for beards. First, place a few drops in the palm of your hand (about the size of a 5-cent piece).
That’s a decent amount for most beards, and since beard oil isn’t water-based, it doesn’t evaporate; it’s absorbed by the skin and hair.
As a result, you don’t want to apply too much because it clogs pores, makes the skin greasy, and creates the ideal environment for spots to appear; the best bet is to start small and build up as needed.
Use it as a deep conditioner once a week to condition your beard and keep it shinier and lint-free. However, I suggest using beard oil on a regular basis for optimum treatment and nutrition.
- If you want to encourage hair growth, keep your face clean and use beard oil regularly to help your body develop more hair; let it grow.
- During the hot summer months, beard oil will serve as sunscreen for your hair, preventing it from drying out, cracking, and breaking.
- Chlorine in swimming pools and water parks will dry out and hurt your beard, which shouldn’t come as a surprise before swimming. Before you come into contact with chlorine, apply beard oil.
Premium beard oils consist of essential oils that are prone to heat, which can harm the proteins in your beard hair. Their effectiveness can be reduced with exposure to heat.
Keep the bottle of beard oil at room temperature for attaining incredible results.
Step-by-Step Guide to Apply Beard Oil
Have a look below to follow the step-by-step guide to applying beard oil for effective results:
1. Cleanse Your Face: It’s best to apply beard oil after a hot shower. The steam and heat from the shower loosen your pores, making your skin and facial hair more sensitive to beard oil application.
You don’t feel like showering? Hot water can be used to wet the face and beard.
2. Dry Your Beard: Oil and water do not combine, as we all know. After your shower, gently pat your face and beard dry with a bath towel.
3. Pump It: Fill your hand with beard oil. The amount you use is determined by the length of your facial hair. Start with one pump for men who haven’t grown in the last two months.
4. Rub It in Your Hand: To uniformly disperse the oil, rub your hands together. Massage the oil into your beard gently, making sure to get all the way down to the underlying skin. Cover the root all the way to the tip.
5. Massage Your Face: Massage the remaining oil onto your face gently. What are you waiting for?! A well-formulated beard oil containing vitamin E is also beneficial to your skin, hence leaving your face fresh and glowing.
Most people believe that oil-based products leave a greasy residue and clog pores, but high-quality beard oils are made with non-comedogenic components that do not clog pores.
If your skin has acne problems, be sure to carefully read the ingredients before buying beard oil. Also, avoid using beard oils that have comedogenic ingredients (such as coconut oil).
6. Additional Use of Beard Oil: Have you got some oil on your hands? Apply it to the hair on your face. What is beneficial to your beard is also beneficial to your chest hair. Is there no hair on your chest?
It’s no problem. Put your hands into your hair and massage the goodness into your scalp.
How Often Should This be Done?
The frequency in which you apply beard oil is determined by several factors, including the length of your beard and your geographic location.
Most men should use beard oil twice a day, once in the morning before going to work and again before going to bed.
Remember, before going to bed, take a warm shower and add a little more oil to your face and beard than you would in the morning.
Allow the beard oil to work its magic while you sleep. In the morning, you’ll notice a softer beard and glowing skin.
Benefits of Using Beard Oil
Since you know how often should I use beard oil, it’s time to regularly know about the excellent benefits of using beard oil.
1. Hydrates and Nourishes: Beard Oil hydrates the hair, making it smoother and easier to handle. It hydrates not only the hair but also the skin underneath it.
When you grow a beard, the hair absorbs moisture from your skin, causing your skin to dry out and become dry and broken without any moisture replenishment.
2. Be You: Beard hair has its own personality and can develop at various lengths and angles. Some men style their beards according to the shape of their faces, while others simply let them grow naturally.
There is no hard and fast rule to use beard oil; however, it will smooth the hair and make it more manageable.
3. Prevents Beard Dandruff and Itching: Beard itch and its companion, beard dandruff, are caused by dry and broken skin. Excessive scratching and the rough, dead skin under the hair are the causes of dandruff.
The skin under the beard will be moisturized, and the itch and dandruff will be reduced.
4. Improves Beard Growth: It won’t instantly increase hair growth, and you won’t wake up with a thick, full beard. However, since beard oil nourishes the hair, it helps avoid split ends and strengthens the hair follicle.
5. Scented: Many beard oils are scented, and they do have a long-lasting fragrance. Your beard can smell fresh, clean, and incredible during the day, depending on the essential oils used.
Aftershaves with a strong scent can be overpowering, but beard oils are lightly scented with a more natural scent.
6. Helps Inflammation and Pores: Since beard oil moisturizes the skin under it, it can help avoid redness and discomfort caused by harsh chemicals in shampoos or everyday environmental changes if you have especially sensitive skin.
Beard oil doesn’t clog pores or interfere with sebum development, so it can help cleanse and nourish acne-prone skin.
When to Apply Beard Oil?
It’s more convenient to schedule your shower and beard oil application at the same time.
Some people shower in the morning and others in the evening; others shower at different times because they believe body oils are not supposed to be stripped away regularly.
While today is not the day for grooming lessons, we do recommend that you apply beard oil after you’ve washed your face.
Hot water and cheap soap are a formula for disaster beards because they cause the hair to dry out and be drained of its natural oils, causing it to become brittle and crack.
Quality beard oils counteract this by conditioning and softening the facial hair and assisting in the retention of moisture.
When you get home from your outings, simply wash your face and apply your beard oil before going to bed. If you’re very busy during the day and sweat a lot during your workouts, beard oil should be applied after each shower and after each workout.
We also recommend towel drying, then working in the oil before brushing/combing, as this will significantly minimize the amount of hair loss caused by all the pulling.
After reading his article, you will not ask yourself, how often should I use beard oil.
We hope that this guide is helpful to you! Just make sure to strictly follow the instructions of using beard oil, and you will have a healthier, thicker, and longer beard – just the way you always wanted.
Also, choose high-quality beard oil that contains 100% organic and effective ingredients. This way, you don’t have to worry about any side effects, and you will enjoy maximum results with a soft and shiny beard to boast about!