Have you been thinking about how to shave your head with an electric razor but are too scared to do so? Well, it is a good thing to shave your head as it eliminates the damaged hair and cleanses your scalp.
However, shaving your head can be difficult. Hence, you need to be very careful, especially if you are doing it for the first time.
The good news is that we have come up with a helpful guide that will help you shave your head carefully and safely.
Dermatologists suggest that it is vital to use an excellent electric razor for both beginners and experts. And those who are prone to cuts and nicks. You may be unsure about your decision, but it is definitely the right thing to do.
Without wasting your valuable time, let’s take a look below to know everything about shaving your head with an electric razor.
Table of Contents
- Make Preparations for Shaving Your Head
- The task to Perform Before Using the Electric Razor
- Let’s Shave the Head!
- Do’s and Don’ts of Shaving Your Head with an Electric Razor
- Benefits of Shaving Your Head
Make Preparations for Shaving Your Head
If you don’t know how to shave your head with an electric razor, then this is the first step to learn.
It is essential to have high-quality equipment and products to shave your head safely and comfortably. We have come up with the following list so you assemble everything before shaving your head with an electric razor.
Mirror – Get yourself a mirror to shave your head in a safe way. Shaving in front of the mirror helps you know whether you are doing it right or wrong.
Scissors – Well, if you have long hair, then this is a must-have for you. It will help you get rid of your long hair without any hassle.
Electric Shaver – Here comes the main tool for shaving your head bald. Just be sure to use an electric shaver that is specially designed for shaving heads.
Aftershave Lotion – Using aftershave lotion offers several benefits for your head. It disinfects and moisturizes the scalp while tightening your pores.
The task to Perform Before Using the Electric Razor
Many people enjoy dry shaving, which involves lubricating the head with powder before shaving. On the other hand, Hair experts advise that you take a good shower before shaving your head.
Your head will benefit from the electric razor’s generosity. Furthermore, the pores open up after a rinse, and the hair becomes the softest and most pliable. In this situation, an electric razor will quickly take the hair out.
When you’ve finished showering, you’ll need scissors to trim your long hair. Since you were a teenager, you’ve seen a barber cut your hair. Now, you have a general idea of how the mechanism works.
Begin by removing the hair strands that are the longest. Start at the top and work your way down. Don’t hurry; just take your time. When pulling hair from around the head, use caution.
Make sure to protect the ears with your free hand and cut them in small snips to be secure. Keep the scissors moving from front to back when you do this.
The next step is to shave the back of your neck. Begin by cutting thin strips of hair from the lower areas. From the bottom to the tip, shift your scissors.
When you’re done, use your fingers to gauge the amount of work you’ve completed. If there’s still time to trim your hair, go ahead and do it the way you want.
Having said that, experts advise that you begin with the region of which you have more control.
But if you have buzzed hair, you should skip the above step. Grab a small towel to wet your hair, and follow the below process:
- Soak the towel in lukewarm water.
- Squeeze the towel smoothly to save some water in the towel. Having buzzed hair means you need a good amount of water to get your hair wet.
- Lastly, wrap your hair in the towel for a few minutes. In the meantime, you can prepare the products and tools mentioned above.
You can take off the towel after a few minutes. This way, the stubble will absorb the water and open the pores. You are now ready to shave your head.
Let’s Shave the Head!
You are all ready to get your head shaved completely!
Step 1 – Use the trimmer part of the electric razor
This section is enjoyable, and you can complete it easily. To get rid of the stubble, apply the trimmer part of the razor to the top of your head.
Trim the hair on the sides as well. Trim with short, precise motions before you hit the stubble.
Switch to the back of your head after you’ve completed both sides. Feel for places of long hair with your fingertips. This is the location where you should begin.
Many that cut the long strands with scissors should concentrate on the places where the scissors failed.
Step 2 – Use the vibrating razor head section of the electric razor
We’ve finally arrived at the final step after you’ve finished with the trimmer part.
In this second step, you’ll use the same electric razor as before. This time, though, you’ll use the vibrating razor heads.
When using the trimmer part of the razor to cut the scalp, follow the exact instructions as before. Start shaving at the top and work your way down, removing a little patch of stubble at a time.
Don’t rush it, and guide the blade slowly downwards. Slow down in places where you think the skin is already a little tighter.
Continue shaving the head until it is absolutely bald. As you go, use your free hand to gauge the degree of smoothness.
And there are your sides. Apply the same strategy to the bottom as you did with the top.
The final region in the back is now accessible. Start with the thicker patches and work your way down to the thinner patches.
Do’s and Don’ts of Shaving Your Head with an Electric Razor
- Examine the condition of the skin under the scalp. If you have acne or a rash, take special precautions before brushing it with an electric razor.
- Shower with a new electric razor every time. Clean the razor with disinfected lukewarm water if possible. Alternatively, blow off the stubble on the razor with a mini brush.
- If you’re a beginner, avoid shaving your head without using a mirror.
- Using the vibrating shaving heads to remove stubble, don’t push down too hard on the razor. Since electric razors are so powerful, all you have to do is move your hand softly.
- Don’t try to use a straight edge or safety razor because it can cause severe injuries to your head.
- After shaving, give yourself a nice shower. If you’re taking a shower, avoid using some harsh soap on your head. It can cause your skin to become gritty, causing severe irritation.
- Apply a healthy aftershave to keep the face smelling fresh. The lotion would also help to heal any minor cuts caused by the razor.
- Keep your bald head out of the heat. Apply a high-quality sunscreen lotion, or just wear a hat if you must head out in the light. Sunburns are common in people with bald heads.
- Keep the skin moisturized at all times for glowing and healthy skin.
Benefits of Shaving Your Head
There are several benefits of shaving your head with an electric razor. Some of the advantages are:
- Shaving your head will help to keep your hair clean. There is a lot of dust that gets stuck on your head. Day by day, this builds up into a sheet. This can be cleaned with shampoo, but only to a certain extent. Shaving your head simply removes all of the dust and layers from your hair.
- You should get rid of dandruff as well. When you shave your head, you will see more dandruff, but it will fade with time.
- You should nourish your skin directly. When you have a lot of hair on your head, it’s difficult to massage your scalp, so shaving your head will help. This would boost the condition of your hair.
- When you shave your head, you don’t need to use hair products such as wax, gels, or hair spray. This will increase the condition of your hair and keep it free from toxins for a while.
- After regrowth, you will have healthier and softer hair.
We hope you find this guide helpful, and now you know how to shave your head with an electric razor. Using the best quality electric razor to shave your head is effective until you use it as suggested. Make sure to follow the steps religiously to avoid cuts and nicks. Shaving your head in the right way will make your scalp healthier, and your new hair will be smoother and better.