Table of Contents
The Remington F2-3800L may be the right product if you are seeking a hassle-free rechargeable razor that offers you a smooth performance.
Shaving is a prime need for men so using a suitable apparatus along with their products becomes a prerequisite to getting an excellent shaving experience. I have seen many men regret using below-average expensive shavers and whined up with bruised cheeks and cuts on necks, eventually.
There is no denying how a suitable top-quality razor helps you get a smooth shave a while and boosts your confidence before setting out to work! The fact is there are plenty of manual and electric razor models you can buy.
Why opt for Remington F2-3800L over conventional rotary razors?
The market is flooded with plenty of rotary razors, but electric foil razors offer some added advantages to those models as you will find out. The Remington f3800 shaver comes with a thin foil layer atop the oscillating blades.
It is definitely not without its purposes, it helps you to cut hair in the neatest way. Besides, razors like these help you minimize blade-to-skin contact, thereby reducing the risks of bruising and cut on delicate facial skin or neck region.
Factors that make it worth recommendation
When you buy an electric razor, the idea is to minimize usage and hassles so you get a better shave or trim every time. I have tried many electric foil razors including those from the stables of Philips and Panasonic.
The Remington f3800 sits alongside most razors in the price segment, though falls short of capturing the top slot.
Below listed are the factors that make this shaver worth a recommendation:
- Stylish design with sturdy build- The first thing that catches your eyes as you unbox the model is its sleekness. Well, foil electric razors are not exactly fashion accessories for men, but who doesn’t love using a cool-looking accessory for grooming! What I like is the sleek black body and the silver-hued metal on it that creates a nice contrasting effect, for sure. The razor is also quite robust and can take a beating so you need not worry after an accidental drop on the bathroom floor. You will find the metal on/off switch to be solidly built too. The shape is quite ergonomic and both left and right-handed users shouldn’t face problems in holding it.
- Stainless steel blades- This Remington foil shaver comes equipped with stainless steel blades which the company says is surgical-grade. I used it on both, my thick beard and fine facial hair including sideburns. The experience was quite smooth. Cleaning the blades with a soft toothbrush and water is simple as well. You can use it in moist environments without hassles.
- Cordless mode- If you, like me, hate using wired devices and try your very best to eliminate the clutter of wires in your home you will like this device. You do not always need to deal with a chord or replace batteries which happens when you use some of the other wireless shaver models. The device can be used in wireless mode after recharging.
- Decent run time- You definitely do not want to bring home a cordless shaver that fizzles out when your beard trimming is in progress! Remington says this model is capable of running for 30 minutes after a full charge- which I think is decent. In my test, the experience was satisfying and the razor showed no sign of dying down after running continuously for 20 minutes. So, you can expect it to the last close to half an hour in most situations.
- Flex Foil Technology- Remington puts a lot of focus on its proprietary Flex Foil Technology which is there in the Remington f3800 shaver as well. The technology is meant to let the first foil cut hair close and the second foil cuts it even closer. Without getting into too many technical details, I can tell you it offers a suave shaving experience. I did not experience any issues in shaving long beard hair and trimming my mustache with it. The skin did not feel irritated as much after using it.
- Flexibility– Not everyone buys electric razors just for shaving. At least you can get a device that meets both your shaving and trimming needs. The Remington f3800 comes with a pop-up trimmer that helps you style your goatee, sideburns, and mustache in various styles. The razor has Pivot and Flex Technology which helps it adapt to different facial contours. Which is a great thing since I have a square face. I have read Remington F2-3800L reviews posted by users with oval and triangular face types who explicitly wrote the face shape did not pose a hindrance to its performance. When you are in a hurry to style your beard, this technology will ensure you do not hurt your skin in the process.
What makes it more enticing?
The Remington shaver scores over other options in this price range owing to some more aspects as well.
- Charging status- Positioned just below, the metal on/off switch of the model, there is an LED charging indicator. When you put the Remington f3800 in charging mode, it emits a bright green glow. You can observe from a distance whether the charging is complete or not- which is ideal. Even in a brightly lit room, I could figure out the shaver was still in charging mode from a distance of 15 feet or so.
- Money-back guarantees- Well, you may think it is not a novelty- given the fact many brands sell grooming appliances with a money-back refund option. However, Remington offers a money-back guarantee to span 60 days. I find that a really good offer, you don’t really need more than two months to figure out if the shaver meets your need or not- would you?
What are the downers?
It is quite hard to find that one perfect electric razor or shaver and the Remington f3800 shaver too has its share of drawbacks. These are what I think may work against it:
- Lengthy charging time- This is probably the factor that you may deem as a deal-breaker, as far as this model is concerned. In an era when most gadgets are being equipped with fast charging techniques, this model takes a whopping 16 hours time to get fully recharged. Think of a situation where you have returned home late from work and want the razor to be fully recharged before you use it the next day morning. You will not get 16 hours’ time to recharge it to full capacity – and that may feel like a clincher!
- Lack of more user-friendly technology- While the Remington f3800 does come with user-friendly technologies embedded, it falls a tad short of other offerings including its pricier sibling- the F5-5800 shaver. The latter comes with multiple battery life indicators that let you know when it is time to charge your razor again! The former, however, comes only with a charging indicator. I’d really appreciate it if they would include a beeping alert to indicate the battery is about to die!
Before you make up your mind
Even after reading Remington F2-3800L reviews online, you may feel a tad bit unsure about buying the device.
While reading these reviews, keep in mind each user may have a distinct shaving and trimming need, along with a difference in the thickness of their facial hair and face shape, etc. While you can compare a few online retailers to get a bargain deal on this model, I would suggest you go to this website.
I found the videos there to be quite short and without any real-time wasted footage.
You will want the device when:
- You want a basic electric shaver with decent performance
- You want cordless usage often when using shavers
- You do not mind lengthy recharge time
- You can live without too many tech features in your gadgets and appliances
You may not want the device when:
- You live a hectic life (less time to get your appliances recharged)
- You have a really tough beard
- Cordless usage is not that important to you
- You want grooming appliances laden with the latest features
Where it all leads to?
Overall, I feel the Remington F2-3800L is a nice wireless electric shaver that can cater to a wide user base without hassle. It also looks stylish and feels solid to hold and use, to begin with.
The Pivot and Flex Technology helps you escape cuts and skin irritation, even when using it fast. The charging indicator is pretty cool just like the cordless mode runtime. The major grudge I have is the required recharge time- it is just too long. As for the Remington f3800 foil replacement, it will vary on factors like usage frequency, facial hair type, etc. However, the minor issues notwithstanding, the shaver is a versatile performer in this segment.