Table of Contents
- Key Features and Benefits
- Foil Shaver VS. Rotary Shaver
- Additional Pro Tips
- Final Thoughts
Like me, you’re probably too familiar with disappointing shaving results, but it doesn’t always have to be that way!
I’ve written this Remington PF7200 F2 review to give you some powerful insights on how and why this Remington foil shaver could be the one for you!
Overview of the Remington Comfort Series PF7200
The Remington PF7200 F2 shaver is a foil shaver built and designed for the most comfortable and convenient shaving experience. It comes with many features
- Compact and Lightweight- great for traveling and quick shaves
- Cordless and rechargeable
- Provides a close shave
- Easy to use due to its ergonomic design
- Comes with a pop-up trimmer
- Not very good for thick and coarse hair
- Requires an adapter for when you are traveling
- Made in China
Who will benefit from the Remington PF7200?
This foil shaver will offer the most benefits to people who:
- Want a close shave
- Travel a lot or are always on the go
- Have a goatee, mustache, or sideburns
- Have straight and fine facial hair
- Shave daily
- Have time to clean the shaver frequently
Key Features and Benefits
Here is a rundown of all the selling points and features of the Remington PF7200 F2:
Flex Foil Technology
This foil shaver adapts and follows the contours of your efficiently because of its full flex and pivot technology. This feature is very handy if you have an angular face.
It allows the shaver to smoothly glide and shave over your chin, neck, and jawline without fear of skin irritation.
Also, the dual foil cutters and intercept trimmer capture and trim both short and long hair strands for a clean, and even finish.
Surgical Stainless Steel Blades
These thin blades are wrapped underneath durable foil sheets, keeping them sharp and preventing them from becoming too dull easily.
This type of blades makes shaving much safer and in my opinion, plays a huge role in giving a close, clean, and quick shave.
The washable heads make cleaning super easy and simple. You can even just run the head under running water, and it’s ready to go!
I also included more detailed instructions on how I’d like to perform a thorough cleaning here.
Pop-up Detail Trimmer
I personally love to use this trimmer for outlining my facial hair. You can also use this for evening out your sideburns.
It is designed ergonomically with a ribbed or textured handle, making every use extremely comfortable.
Even though I expected the textured portion to be rubber but instead gets the same hard plastic material, it still prevents the shaver from slipping from my hands and adds to the overall stylish and appealing look.
I also have sensitive skin, especially on the neck and chin. So, this feature that helps provide easy and quick shaving even without any shaving cream or lather is a very welcome bonus.
It saves so much time and saves your skin from cuts, burns, or irritation from a normal razor blade.
Lightweight and compact
This shaver only measures 1.4” high by 2.4” wide by 5.3” long, weighing only approximately 4.87 ounces or 0.3 pounds. It is easy to carry around during travels.
However, the charger that comes with it operates only at 60 Hz on 120 Volts AC. So, you might need an adapter or converter if you’re traveling to a different country.
This shaver is rechargeable and cordless, so the batteries determine how long you can use it in between charges. The description indicates a maximum of 40 minutes of usage.
However, I found that if I use it for around 2 to 3 minutes every day, a single charge can last for a month! This gets two thumbs up from me because it charges for 16 hours, which is a lot of time.
It also has an LED charging indicator that tells you when it’s already fully charged.
Finally, the Remington PF7200 F2 foil shaver comes with a 60-day money back guarantee and a 2-year limited warranty.
Foil Shaver VS. Rotary Shaver
If you know anything about electric shavers, you’ll know that there are two most common types: rotary shavers and foil shavers like the Remington PF7200 F2.
But what’s the difference between the two? Here’s a quick side-by-side comparison:
How to use a foil shaver properly
For simple instructions and tips on properly using a foil shaver, refer to this list:
How To Clean your Foil Shaver
The Remington PF7200 F2 is easy to take apart and clean. To disassemble it, simply press the two spring-loaded buttons on each side. This allows the hair pocket to pop out.
- Then, push the two tabs in the housing to remove the hair pocket screens.
- Next, using a small toothbrush, do a quick 90° twist to remove the cutter blades. Brush off any debris and rinse with running water.
- With practice, this process will be much easier, and you can probably disassemble the shaver in under ten seconds.
Additional Pro Tips
- Remove the hair pocket and cutters when using the pop-up detail trimmer. This way, you can avoid unnecessarily wearing the cutters and screens. This also saves battery charge.
- Choose an alcohol-based pre-shave lotion with Vitamin E and Aloe vera for a soothing effect.
- For sensitive skin, a fragrance-free aftershave will be much gentler on the skin.
- If you want the closest shaves, use a fully charged shaver.
- The blades of Remington PF7200 are durable and long-lasting. However, for your own safety and comfort, replace dull blades immediately. The frequency of replacement depends on how often you use the shaver.
- It may also help to buy parts recommended by or from the same manufacturer like the Remington PF7200 F2 foil replacement.
- Do not put too much pressure on the shaver in an attempt to get closer shaves. Try adjusting the direction and angle of your strokes instead to avoid irritation.
Despite of a few minor drawbacks, this foil shaver is still a good value for your money and definitely a travel must-have.