The issue of whether to remain hairy or not is a personal matter between a man and his companion.
On the other hand, achieving the perfect look when joining a public arena leaves the boy-child with one choice – work towards a well-groomed body; a reason that has made me share my Remington PG6250 head, beard, and body grooming kit review.
Table of Contents
- An Overview Of the Remington PG6250 Electric Shaver
- Who Can Use the Remington PG6250 Grooming Kit?
- Remington Electric Shaver Design
- While Using Remington PG6250 Head, Beard and Body Grooming Kit
- Using in other areas
- Simplified instructions on How to use Remington Electric Shaver
- Cleaning the Remington PG6250 WetTech Grooming Kit
- But there is something wrong with the battery
- My Final Verdict
An Overview Of the Remington PG6250 Electric Shaver
Key Features: Full-size waterproof trimmer; 5 stubble combs; Stainless steel blades, Dry and wet use; Lithium battery lasting up to 70 minutes.
- Works well in dry and wet
- Remarkable all-around grooming especially for the sensitive skin
- An ergonomic rubberized grip that does not slip when your hands are wet
- Cordless with 70 minutes of uninterrupted shaving
- It is cheap and easy to clean
- 60-day money back guarantee
- Short handle – it is difficult to groom the back by yourself
- Short battery life – Overcharging or frequent charging will minimize the longevity of your battery
- Head replacement after every 6-12 months of use
Who Can Use the Remington PG6250 Grooming Kit?
If you are looking for a grooming kit with minimum or no interruptions to attend to your facial and body hair, then all you need is a full-size Remington PG6250 WetTech trimmer with the right accessories for body hair shaving and the Snap-on combs for hair shortening.
Sensitive skin calls for careful trimming exercise with hypoallergenic tools. The Lithium-powered trimmer has long-lasting stainless steel blades which minimize the discomfort, razor burns, and redness as you shave.
Are you fond of trimming your hair in both dry and wet conditions? The PG6250 WetTech grooming kit is made for dry hair cutting, in the shower or the sink and the non-slip rubber grip will keep the device in the hands.
Remington Electric Shaver Design
I chose the PG6250 WetTech model since it was cheap for starters. My kit came as a full-size trimmer with blue and black plastic body on the front and back parts respectively. The on and off button circled in black sits at the front.
Depending on the wanted hair size after trimming, there are five stubble combs to fit on the head with different length settings. More attachments included a body hair shaver head that I used on my chest and the foil cut everything out, leaving a smooth skin.
I have a sensitive skin so, if you are sharing the same skin complication, this one will work for you if you give it a shot.
Apart from being cordless and rechargeable, I like the way I use it without worrying about water tampering. It made it cruise be it in the shower or the bathroom sink which makes it a plus whether I choose to go dry today and utilize my shaving gel during the next shave.
The manufacturers call it the ‘WetTech’ feature which works well to make water entry a non-issue. However, I do not advocate immersing electrical devices in water.
The back part (black in color) covers the whole back and sides, providing a non-slip rubberized bumpy grip which makes it easy to hold if you are in the shower. I wished for a charging dock, but they have made it easy by having a large hole at the bottom for hooking purposes.
So, I hook while storing or charging and there is nothing wrong with that on my end.
Remington PG6250 model uses stainless steel blades to address a long beard which again, suits those with hypoallergenic complications. My last razor always left my skin red after shaving, so to avoid experiencing the same with added discomfort and razor burns, I searched for a shaver without nickel blades.
The blades are not that sharp to give you a skin cut, but they trimmed my facial hair to precision. I, however, need to replace the head since seven months of continued use has rendered the blade blunt.
It is a full-size trimmer which means I do not need another trimmer for shaving purposes. However, shaving at the back is a tricky affair, so it is easy when someone is around to give a hand or consider another means to help you do it yourself.
The metal trimming comb at the top is where the plastic combs snap in and out not forgetting the foil-styled body shaver. I use the combs to cut to a certain length though rarely, but it is easy to create a beard style.
Charging the grooming kit requires the black charging plug and cord that comes with it to power up the Lithium battery. You get an uninterrupted 70 minutes of shaving before looking again for a power source.
While Using Remington PG6250 Head, Beard and Body Grooming Kit
Well, it is not the best shaver in the market to excel in every shaving test, and it is not the best option to go for every time I am paying tribute to my weekly beard trimming schedule. The one thing I will attest is that it will do it seamlessly.
I get a simple beard cut when I want to, or some regular manscaping and the speed far outweighs the 70-minute charge counter. I know of razors or trimmers with high prices that cannot achieve the same efficacy.
One of the reasons on why I bought this kit to shave my beard after every 1½ weeks, and my chest area. It was somehow irritating under my armpits so I cannot put it under there anytime soon. For the performance part, thumbs up to this device since there are no interruptions other than pressing down a bit for a better hair results and some repeated strokes now and then.
It has a small blade width so, attending to hair will take time when compared to some models with a wider blade. Also, if you need more settings and other fancy features such as a head pivoting ability and the like, look elsewhere starting with Remington’s other models with a higher number of length settings.
Using in other areas
Going to the pelvis area is probably another part you shave and so do I. Using the Remington PG6250 kit will do the work, but just like any other clippers, extra care is necessary.
The combs are irritating down there. Last time I deployed a larger stubble comb and the front part was relatively sharp for the area so, if you can trim the edge before using it on sensitive areas, the irritation and biting will somehow seize.
Also, the combs are far apart to dictate the desired length, but loose skin is bound to get caught between the spaces. I take care by making the skin tight using my other hand as I shave. With such a precaution, the combs work very well though.
Simplified instructions on How to use Remington Electric Shaver
To maximize the benefits of using the grooming kit, I followed this procedure:
- Before using it for the first time, I charged it for 3 hours and then turned it on.
- I then washed my facial hair (it’s what I started with) to get the dirt and secreted oil out. When shaving in dry mode, drying the hair with a towel is necessary. Going the wet way is still okay, just apply the shaving lotion or gel.
- Shaving meant holding the groomer into a shaving position, making sure that it is against the direction of hair growth. Back and forth movements helped in cutting the hair since once swipe did not give the intended results. Also, a little pressure is needed for uniformity.
- For the creased areas, I used my free hand to stretch the skin and allow the shaver to cut the hair quickly without biting. A few strokes on the path as I cut down gave the desired uniform length. If you don’t want to cut out everything, that is where the combs come in.
- After trimming, I always clean the trimmer and store it safely for air drying.
Cleaning the Remington PG6250 WetTech Grooming Kit
Cleaning it is easy, just follow the following steps:
- Turn it off and remove the protective cap on the head.
- I prefer using hot water to clean the shaving head.
- Shake the groomer to get rid of excess water and leave it hanging for air drying
- Then replace the protective cap. You can store it safely in your designated place or hang.
- If you require in-depth cleaning once in a while, disassemble the groomer and clean the parts individually.
But there is something wrong with the battery
Before buying this choice, multiple reviews were saying that you get the best out of the shaver for months which means you do not finish a whole year without modifications. The battery demands the first attention before considering on whether you need another head or not.
Here is my advice regarding the battery. If you are not fond of using the shaver, maybe once in a week, don’t leave it charging. Overcharging or constant power input lowers any battery life and the caretaking battery in the grooming kit is no exception.
Changing the battery is another thing. It is possible if you know what you are doing since the internal circuitry is powered by soldered battery into leading wires. If you are familiar with soldering technique, you can replace the battery with one with a higher capacity.
The Lithium battery has a small capacity of 600mAH. You can consider one with a higher electrical capability, but the internal wiring and motherboard do not have any regulation to keep the new battery from overcharging.
It is normal to feel skeptical on how long a new battery will last given the circuitry constraints but only time will tell with care taking precedence when charging.
My Final Verdict
For a sleek looking waterproof grooming kit that is safe to use especially if you don’t have sensitive skin, Remington PG6250 will work for you. On the other hand, you need more passing and stroking to achieve a clean and uniform shave.
If you are looking for a groomer to start with, this is a good option but If you are looking to spend more and get a high-quality grooming kit you should check Philips Norelco Multigroom 7000 review.