Table of Contents
The reality is, reading the buyers and user reviews of these grooming devices online may not be much help at times. Sometimes, online retailers and eCommerce shops publish reviews without caring much for content quality. Some buyers may be inclined towards particular brands and products. Their requirements may be different from yours! The colloquial language and bad grammar of those reviews worsen the reading experience- to say the least.
Surker is one of the popular brands in male grooming and its electric shaver (RSCX-9598) is one worthy contender for those looking for hassle free and well forming rotary shaver. It comes with several useful features and offers solid value for money. We have used it for a while and find that it can give some of the pricier rivals a run for their money. Read the unbiased and detailed SURKER Electric Shaver review below.
SURKER Electric Shaver (9598-RSCX): Introduction
This is one multipurpose and versatile electric shaver that should be in the wardrobe of any grooming conscious man. It has stylish looks and a compact yet rugged body that can cope with heavy and daily usage. The blue and black body looks enticing and metal and plastic parts are durable. It has been designed to fit the curvature of your neck and face without hassle. In our testing, we found the razor blades adjusting to different faces and curves without issues and we did not get cuts or skin burning sensation as such.
Pros and cons of SURKER Electric Shaver (9598-RSCX)
As a matter of fact, you will not find any electric shaver in the market that can be called flawless and perfect for all users. This is owing to the fact, different men have varying requirements when it comes to shaving and trimming. You also have to consider the thickness of facial hair and pattern varies from one man to another. However, after using the SURKER wet Electric Shaver for a week, we feel it can suit the shaving and trimming needs of most men. Below listed are the major pros and cons of the model.
- Multi-functional device- This is a multifunction electric shaver that also doubles up as a beard trimmer. You can also keep your side burns in shape using the device. In fact, you can also cut the hair inside nostrils with its attachment.
- Waterproof- Unlike some other electric shavers that can only be used on wet cheeks and neck, the SURKER wet Electric Shaver is truly waterproof. We do not think there are many electric shavers on the market that can be washed in water entirely. So, do not worry if it drops in the sink of water in the washroom accidentally. It will still work like it should.
- Easy charging, useful indicator- We do not think most men who use electric shavers are fond of using corded devices. The SURKER Electric Shaver is cordless, compact and easy to use. The inbuilt Chargeable lithium battery can be charged in 90 minutes to full capacity. The LED charge indicator is handy and we could understand the battery status both while recharging and using the device. Once fully charged, it will run for 45 minutes.
- Sharp blades- The double-blade in this electric shaver is sharp and it offers smooth shaving. Only those with very thick beard and mustache will need to use it twice to get a clean shaven look.
- Includes attachments- The device is sold with the necessary attachments to trim beard and clip sideburns.
- Lock mechanism- We liked the fact the device can be locked just by pressing the switch for 3 seconds. It is useful when you have playful kids at home and do not want them to get hurt, unwittingly.
- Run time- Though it does not take very long to get the lithium ion battery fully charged, we feel the run time could be a little longer than 45 minutes. In a situation when you are traveling and lack time to recharge the device on the move, the 45 minutes duration can be a tad shorter than what you need.
- Alert- While the Led indicators are easy to understand we would have liked if the company had included a separate low charge alert like an audible alert.
What you get in the box
- 1 x Electric Shaver
- 1 x Hair Clipper
- 1 x Nose Trimmer
- 2 x Comb attachments for hair trimmer
- 1 x Cleaning brush
- 1 x Charger
- 1 x Bag
- 1 x User Manual
Tips to get the best results
As is the case with most electric shavers, SURKER Electric Shaver gives best results when you wet the facial hair before using it. Like we earlier mentioned, those with dense beard and sideburns will need a second run through to get a completely clean look.
Where it all leads to?
Overall, we find it hard not to recommend SURKER Electric Shaver (RSCX-9598) to majority of men who are grooming conscious. It is a stylish device and compact enough to fit in your travel kit. The fast recharge is useful and LED indicators make it easier to use. The device is truly water proof thus it is a boon for careless users too. You get all necessary attachments with it. On top of that, you can find some great deals and discounts on the model if you buy it online.[wp-review id=”1061″]